For Admission to First Semester of the Two Years Postgraduate
Course in M. Pharmacy for the Academic Year
The 51% Minority Quota Seats
1. General Guidelines/Instructions:
A. These rules are only for admission against the 51% Seats reserved for the Minority and other religious and linguistic Minorities as per Govt. resolution AES-2012/L.NO.21/OFFICE-5 Dated 18th June 2014 issued by Minority Department Govt. of Maharashtra, for admission to M. Pharm 1st Year at the Maulana Azad Educational Trust’s Y.B. Chavan College of Pharmacy, Aurangabad
B. The candidates shall carefully go through these rules before proceeding to fill the application form.
C. The candidates shall fill the application form in their own handwriting and see to it that there is no overwriting or corrections and if there are any they are countersigned by the candidate.
D. The candidate who has been offered admission as per inter se merit list has to pay necessary fee in full to secure the admission at the College.
2. Application Form:
A. Separate application is made available along with the information brochure and rules for admission for making application for admission against the Minority quota.
B. The candidates shall submit the application form complete in all the respect along with the attested Xerox copies of all the documents as mentioned below to the Principal of the College on or before 5 pm on the last date prescribed for submitting the application as given on the application form.
Documents (Attested true copies) to be attached with the application form (Whichever are applicable):
1. Valid and qualified GPAT/MAH-MPH-CET - 2015 score card.
2. B. Pharm degree mark sheet.
3. SSC (Std X) mark sheet
4. HSC (Std XII) mark sheet
5. Certificate of the Indian Nationality.
6. College Leaving Certificate.
7. Bond Paper of Rs. 100/- each (2nos.) for students
& parents for Anti-Ragging affidavit purpose.
8. Gap certificate (if applicable)
9. Caste Certificate (if applicable)
10. Caste validity certificate or undertaking (if applicable)
11. Current experience certificate (if applicable)
12. Appointment letter (if applicable)
13. Joining letter (if applicable)
14. Those candidates with Grade system or point system at SSC/HSC/B. Pharm are required to submit conversion chart/certificate.
C) Candidates shall not be allowed to make any correction additions omission in the application form once submitted. Also no additional documents shall be accepted once the application form is submitted.
D) Application forms which are incomplete or in which there is over writing of such nature that it is resulting in to doubt or suspicion shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence of any sort shall be entertained to that effect.
3. The selection of candidate shall be strictly on merit and order of preference which shall be determine as per guidelines as provided in the “Rules of Admission to First Year of Two Year Full time Post Graduate Course in Pharmacy (M.Pharm) & Institute Information for Academic Year 2015-16”, published by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai.
4. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
If seats remain vacant even after admitting the candidates from GPAT 2015 qualified & MAH-MPH-CET 2015 then these seats can be filled from candidates having passed the qualifying examination.
1. As per the Gazette of India, Pharmacy Council of India, Notification, the Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm.) Course Regulation, 2014 Dated 10 Dec. 2014, every student, selected for admission to postgraduate pharmacy course (M. Pharmacy) in any of the pharmacy institution in the Maharashtra State should have obtained Registration with the State Pharmacy Council or should obtain the same within one month from the date of admission,
failing which the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled.
2. The eligible candidate claiming the seat under SC/ST category should submit
the certificate necessary to claim the category such as Caste Certificate and Caste validity certificate issued by appropriate authority of Maharashtra state only. The certificate issued by Authorities other than Maharashtra is not valid for claiming SC/ST seats.
3. Those candidates appeared for B. Pharm examination (GPAT/MAH-MPH CET-2015 qualified) must produce proof of passing B. Pharm examination as per M.Pharm admission eligibility criteria in original at the time of admission by counseling round, failing which the claim for the seat will be forfeited and chance will be given to next candidate in order of merit.
5. Procedure for Admission:
Merit of the applicants shall be determined according to the Rule – 3 above. The merit list shall be notified on the notice board of the college as per the schedule notified by this college. The exact time and date of notification can be ascertained from the Admission Program me already notified on the Notice Board. On the same day on which the Merit list shall be notified, the date and time on which all the applicants are expected to be present with the original documents and the fees, shall be notified. The applicants seeking admission must remain present with all the documents and the prescribed fees on the said date and time so that in case they are offered admission, they can confirm the same immediately by remitting the prescribed fees.
6. Fees for admission
Particulars of Fee
Interim Fee Approved by the Shikshan Shulka Samiti for A.Y. 2015-16
Caution Money Deposit
Note: The fee is subject to ratification by the Shikshan Shulka Samiti, Mumbai
The admission shall be confirmed subject to payment of fees as above.
7. Rules for cancellation and Refund of fees:
The candidate who has been provisionally admitted may cancel admission by submitting an application in duplicate, in prescribed Performa and may request for refund of fees. The refund of fees as applicable shall be made in due course. It is made clear that such application for cancellation will be considered if and only if the admission is confirmed by payment of the prescribed fees in full and by submitting the original documents. The refund shall be made after deduction of cancellation charges as shown below.
Request received before cutoff date & if ‘a seat’ filled before the cutoff date.
Entire fees less Rs. 1000/-
Request required before cutoff date but ‘a seat’ could not be filled before the cutoff date.
(except the security deposit)
8. Conduct and Discipline:
8.1 Students while studying in any Pharmacy department of our College, if found indulging in anti-national activities contrary to the provisions of acts and laws enforced by the Government and any activity contrary to the rules of discipline will be liable to be expelled from the College.
8.2 Ragging is prohibited by law. Any student indulging in this activity shall be dealt with as per the Rules.
8.3 If any of the statement made in application form or any information supplied by the candidate in connection with his/her admission is found to be false or incorrect later on at time, he/she may be expelled from the College by the Principal and prosecuted, if deemed necessary. An appeal against the order of expulsion, however, may be referred to the Director of Technical Education whose decision in such cases will be final.
· It will be obligatory for every post graduate student to undertake 8-10 hrs (per week) of work related to teaching and assistance in research activities as assigned to him/her by the Principal of the College in addition to his regular academic activities. This includes tutorials, practical, classes, development and maintenance of laboratory, assistance in research and development activity, computers and other facilities, assistance in library etc.
· All students are required to give an undertaking to the effect that he/she would not leave the course mid way or appear in any competitive examination in order to be eligible to receive scholarship.
· During the course of studies, the students shall not receive any emoluments, salary, stipend etc. from any other source, in case he/she is receiving stipend/ scholarship from AICTE or any other source.
· The student shall be entitled for leave for maximum period of 30 days per year summer/winter, Puja etc. in addition to general holidays but he is not entitled to vacations.
· This admission process does not have any bearing regarding the stipend/ scholarships of any kind from any agency.
10. Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction for the Post Graduate Course in Pharmacy at this
College is English.
11. The admission of the candidate at this college will be treated as finally
Confirmed only upon issue of eligibility certificate by the Dr. Babasaheb
Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad and approved by the
Pravesh Niyantran Samiti (PNS), Mumbai.
12. Physical Fitness:
Principal of the College at his own discretion may refer any candidate to the appropriate medical authority for ascertaining the physical fitness of the candidate the undergo the requirement of the course and depending on the report of the medical authority the college decide if the concerned candidate may be allowed to continue the course or be disallowed. It may be noted that the physically handicapped candidates are not provided with any additional facility as far the academic activities pertaining to the course is concerned.
13. Hostel Accommodations:
The management of the college has made the hostel facility for accommodating boys of 1st year in the Complex of Hostels on the campus.
14. Conduct and Discipline:
1. The students while studying in the college, if found indulging in antinational activities contrary to the provisions of the Act and Rules enforced by Government or any activity contrary to the rules and discipline, will be liable to be expelled from the college without any notice by the Principal of the College.
2. Action against Ragging -
Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging act 1999 and prevention and prohibition of Ragging (Appendix12 published end AICTE Approval Process handbook 2011-12) and their amendments which may be published from time to time. The Maharashtra prohibition of ragging act 1999 is in effect from 15th May 1999 has the following provisions for Action against Ragging.
a) Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited,
b) Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets, or propagates ragging within or outside any educational institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 year and / or penalty which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
c) Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such a student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
d) Whenever any student or, as the case may be, the parent or guardian or a teacher of an educational institution complaints, in writing, of ragging to the educational institution, the head of educational institution shall, without prejudice to the foregoing provision, within seven days of the receipt of the complaints, enquire into the matter mentioned in the complaints and if, prima facie, it is found true, suspend the student who is accused of the offence, and shall, immediately forward the complaint to the police station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated , for further action. Where, on enquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is found there is no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received, he/she shall intimate the fact, in writing, to the complainant. The decision of the head of the educational institution shall be final
e) If the head of the educational institution fails or neglects to act in the manner specified in section “d” above when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted the offence and shall , on conviction , be punished as provided for in section “b” above.
Any Acts or its amendments which may be published from time to time by AICTE, Government or Judgments by Hon. Supreme court of India, Hon. High Court of Bombay etc will be applicable to candidates covered under these rules of admission.
3. If any of the statement made in the application form or any information supplied by the candidate in connection with his or her admission is later on at any time, found to be false or in correct, his or her admission will be cancelled , fees forfeited and he or she may be expelled from the College by the Principal . An appeal against the order of expulsion, however may be preferred within 7 days to the Director of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai, whose decision in such cases will be final. Such candidates are also liable for penal action as per the provisions in the law.
All candidates who have applied for admission shall be deemed to have submitted the following undertaking:
a) I have read all the Rules of Admission and after understanding these rules thoroughly, I have filled in the application form for admission for the current year.
b) The information given by me in my application is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that if any of the statement made by me in the application form or any information supplied by me in connection with my admission is later on at any time, found to be false or incorrect, my admission will be cancelled, fees forfeited and I may be expelled from the college by the Principal.
c) I have not been debarred from appearing at any examination held by any Government constituted or statutory examination authority in India.
d) I fully understand that the offer of a course will be made to me depending on my inter se merit and availability of a seat at the time of scrutiny of my application, when I will actually report to the admission authority according to the schedule of admission.
e) I understand that no document after the last date of submission will be entertained for the purpose of claims or concessions etc. in connection with my admission unless otherwise mentioned in the rules.
f) I am fully aware that the Competent Authority or its representative will not make any correspondence with me regarding admission. I am also aware that it is entirely my responsibility to see the notices on notice board of concerned Admission Center.
g) I am aware that any rule imposed by the University such as ‘ imposing limits on the number of attempts permissible to pass any examination ‘ shall be binding on me.
h) I here by agree to confirm to any Rules, Acts and Loss enforced by Government and I here by undertake that, I will do nothing either inside or outside the college which may result in disciplinary action against me under these rules, acts and laws referred to.
i) I fully understand that the Principal of the college where I would be admitted has a right to expel me from the college for any infringement of the rules of conduct and discipline prescribed by the college or University or Government and the undertaking given above.
j) Condition of minimum attendance: I am fully aware that, I will not be allowed to appear for the examination if I do not attend minimum 75 per cent classes of theory, practical, drawing etc. I am also aware that I will not be allowed to appear for the examination, if I fail to submit satisfactorily all the assignments, jobs, journals, drawings, and reports as specified by the University within stipulated time limit.