DR. RAFIQ ZAKARIA CAMPUS
MAULANA AZAD EDUCATIONAL TRUST’S
Y. B. CHAVAN COLLEGE OFPHARMACY
An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institute
FOR ADMISSION TO FIRST YEAR OF THE FOUR YEARS
DEGREE COURSE IN PHARMACY
FOR THE YEAR 2017-2018
- These rules are only for admission to B. Pharm-1st Year at the Y. B. Chavan College of Pharmacy, Aurangabad.
- The candidates shall carefully go through these rules before proceeding to fill the application form.
- The candidates shall fill the application form in their own handwriting and see to it that there is no over writing or corrections and if there are any they are countersigned by the candidate.
- Application Form:
For all candidates:
- Separate application is made available along with the information brochure and rules for admission for making application for admission against the Minority quota.
- The candidates shall submit the application form complete in all the respect along with the attested Xerox copies of all the documents as mentioned below to the Principal of the College on or before 5 pm on the last date prescribed for submitting the application as given on the application form.
- SSC (Std X) mark sheet
- HSC (Std XII th) mark sheet
- School leaving certificate after passing HSC (Std XII)
- Certificate of the Indian Nationality of the candidate that is
- School leaving certificate indicating the Nationality of the Candidate as “Indian”. Or
- Indian Passport in the name of the candidate, issued by appropriate authorities.Or
- Birth certificate of candidate indicating place of birth.
- (MT-CET 2015 Score card/Sheet) for candidate seeking admission on CET basis.
- Final year of the Diploma in Pharmacy exam mark list (for candidates passing in Diploma in Pharmacy).
- Candidates shall not be allowed to make any correction additions omission in the application form once submitted. Also no additional documents shall be accepted once the application form is submitted.
- Application forms which are incomplete or in which there is over writing of such nature that it is resulting in to doubt or suspicion shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence of any sort shall be entertained to that effect.
- Bond Paper of Rs. 100/- each (2nos.) for students & parents for AntiRagging affidavit purpose at the time of admission.
- The selection of candidate shall be strictly on merit and order of preference which shall be determine as per guidelines as provided in the “Admission brochure for academic year 2017-2018”, published by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai.
- Eligibility criteria of candidates
- Maharashtra State candidates (MT - CET 2015 basis)
Candidate should be an Indian National and should have passed the HSC (Std. XIIth) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics or Biotechnology or Biology and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging only to Maharashtra State) in the above subjects taken together AND have obtained Score in MHTCET 2017.
(Refer Rule No 8(3) regarding Rounding off of percentage of Marks for deciding the eligibility, if applicable.)
- To resolve a tie i.e. more than one candidate securing equal marks in MHT-CET 2017, the procedure given in Rule 8(4) of “Admission brochure 2017, DTE, Mumbai” shall be adopted.
- NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National.-
- The candidate should have passed the HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics or Biotechnology or Biology, and obtained at least 50 % marks in the above subjects taken together ;
- Outside Maharashtra State candidates (MHT-CET 2017 basis):
Candidate should be an Indian National and should have passed the HSC (Std. XIIth) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics or Biotechnology or Biology and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging only to Maharashtra State) in the above subjects taken together AND have obtained Score in MHT-CET 2017. (Refer Rule No 8(3) regarding Rounding off of percentage of marks for deciding the eligibility, if applicable.)
- To resolve a tie i.e. more than one candidate securing equal marks in MHT-CET 2017, the procedure given in Rule 8(4) of “MHT-CET 2017 Application form and Information Brochure” shall be adopted.
- Reservation: There is no reservation for any caste or any other kind in the institute. The seats are open for all.
- Procedure for Admission:
Merit of the applicants shall be determined according to the Rule – 8 mentioned in the Information brochure 2017-18 of DTE Maharashtra. The merit list shall be notified on the notice board of the College as per the schedule notified by this College. The exact time and date of notification can be ascertained from the Admission Programme already notified on the Notice Board. On the same day on which the Merit list shall be notified, the date and time on which all the applicants are expected to be present with the Original Documents and the fees shall be notified. The applicants seeking admission must remain present with all the documents and the prescribed fees on the said date and time so that in case they are offered admission, they can confirm the same immediately by remitting the prescribed fees.
- Fees for admission:
The interim fee structure for the Colleges approved by the Fee Regulating Authority is given in the table below. The College has submitted its proposals for revision in fees to Fee Regulating Authority. The revision in the fees, by the Fee Regulating Authority will be binding on the students who will be admitted in the year 2017-18 and the students taking admission in the College will have to pay the fees accordingly.
Note: The fee is subject to ratification by the Fee Regulating Authority.
|Sr. No.||Particulars of Fees||Amount (INR)|
|| Fee Approved by the Fee Regulating Authority for Academic year 2017-18.
(8% hike in the fees will be charged for B. Pharm II/III/IV year)
||Caution money Deposit
The admission shall be confirmed subject to payment of fees as above.
- Cancellation of Admission:
- The candidate should have taken admission by paying necessary tuition fee and should have submitted original certificates before he/she applies for cancellation.
In case candidate fails to submit any of the original documents within the allowed time limit, the admission shall be treated as cancelled.
- The candidate desirous of canceling admission shall apply for cancellation in the proforma – O only and should take the receipt of the cancellation.
- It is mandatory to the Principal/Director of the Institution to cancel the admission of the candidate and issue the receipt of cancellation to the candidate.
- Issue of College leaving Certificate:
- If during the course of studies, a candidate desires to discontinue studies for any reason whatsoever, he or she shall be allowed to do so and it shall be presumed that he or she has cancelled admission at that stage. The Principal shall issue College Leaving Certificate and fees shall be refunded as per the rules mentioned.
- If the admission is cancelled on or before the last date of reporting of each CAP round, the original school /College leaving certificate on the strength of which a candidate admitted shall be returned.
- If the admission is cancelled after the last date of reporting Each round of CAP, the leaving certificate from the institution where the candidate was finally admitted should be issued. A true copy of the original school or college leaving certificate retained by the institute may be issued, if requested by the candidate duly attested by the Head of the Institute.
- Refund of Fees:
The candidate who has been provisionally admitted may cancel admission by submitting an application in duplicate in the prescribed proforma and may request for refund of fees. The refund of fees as applicable shall be made in due course. It is made clear that such application for cancellation will be considered if and only if the admission is confirmed by paying the prescribed fees in full and by submitting the original documents. Refund shall be made after deduction of the cancellation charges as shown below.
Note: Amount of Security/Caution money Deposit will be refunded entirely to candidate.
|Sr. No||SITUATION||REFUND AMOUNT|
||Request received before cutoff date & if ‘a seat’ is filled before the cutoff date
||Entire fees less Rs. 1000/-
||Request received before cutoff date, but ‘a seat’ could not be filled before the cutoff date
||No Refund (except the security deposit
- Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction for the Degree Course in Pharmacy at this College is English.
- The admission of the candidate at this College will be treated as finally confirmed only upon issue of eligibility certificate by the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- Physical Fitness:
Principal of the College at his own discretion my refer any candidate to the appropriate medical authority for ascertaining the physical fitness of the candidate to undergo the requirement of the course and depending on the report of the medical authority the College decide if the concerned candidate may be allowed to continue the course or be disallowed. It may be noted that the physically handicapped candidates are not provided with any additional facility as far the academic activities pertaining to the course is concerned.
- Hostel Accommodation:
The management of the college has made the hostel facility for accommodating boys of 1st year in the Complex of Hostels on the campus.
- Conduct and Discipline:
- Failure of the candidate in making full and correct statements in the application form and or suppression of any information and / or submission of false documents shall lead to disqualification of the candidate at any stage during the admission process. Such a candidate shall be debarred from the entire selection process. Therefore, the candidate is required to make only such claims which could be substantiated by relevant original documents.
- Any issue not dealt here-in above will be dealt with, when arising, fully and finally by the Competent Authority.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these Rules, if the Government takes any policy decision pertaining to First year of Degree course in Pharmacy admission, then the same shall be brought in to effect at that point of time as per the directives from the Government, from time to time.
- The students while studying in the College, if found indulging in antinational activities contrary to the provisions of the Act and Rules enforced by Government or any activity contrary to the rules and discipline, will be liable to be expelled from the College without any notice by the Principal of the College.
- Condition of minimum attendance: - Students will not be allowed to appear for the examination if he/she does not attend minimum 75% classes of theory, practical etc.
- Actions against Ragging:
Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging act 1999 and prevention and prohibition of Ragging (Appendix 12 published in AICTE Approval Process handbook 2011-12) and their amendments which may be published from time to time. The Maharashtra prohibition of ragging act 1999 is in effect from 15th May 1999 has the following provisions for Action against Ragging.
Any Acts or its amendments which may be published from time to time by AICTE, Government or Judgments by Hon. Supreme court of India, Hon. High Court of Bombay etc will be applicable to candidates covered under these rules of admission.
- Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited,
- Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets, or propagates ragging within or outside any educational institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 year and / or penalty, which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
- Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such a student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
- Whenever any student or, as the case may be, the parent or guardian or a teacher of an educational institution complaints, in writing, of ragging to the educational institution, the head of educational institution shall, without prejudice to the foregoing provision, within seven days of the receipt of the complaints, enquire into the matter mentioned in the complaints and if, prima facie, it is found true, suspend the student who is accused of the offence, and shall, immediately forward the complaint to the police station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated, for further action. Where, on enquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is found there is no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received, he/she shall intimate the fact, in writing, to the complainant. The decision of the head of the educational institution shall be final
- If the head of the educational institution fails or neglects to act in the manner specified in section “d” above when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted the offence and shall, on conviction, be punished as provided for in section “b” above.
If any of the statement made in the application form or any information supplied by the candidate in connection with his or her admission is later on at any time, found to be false or incorrect, his or her admission will be cancelled, fees forfeited and he or she may be expelled from the College by the Principal. An appeal against the order of expulsion however may be preferred within 7 days to the Director of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai, whose decision in such cases will be final. Such candidates are also be liable for penal action as per the provisions in the law.
All candidates who have applied for admission shall be deemed to have submitted the following undertaking:
- I have read all the Rules of Admission and after understanding these rules thoroughly, I have filled in the application form for admission for the current year.
- The information given by me in my application is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that if any of the statement made by me in the application form or any information supplied by me in connection with my admission is later on at any time, found to be false or incorrect, my admission will be cancelled, fees forfeited and I may be expelled from the College by the Principal.
- I have not been debarred from appearing at any examination held by any Government constituted or statutory examination authority in India.
- I fully understand that the offer of a course will be made to me depending on my interse merit and availability of a seat at the time of scrutiny of my application, when I will actually report to the admission authority according to the schedule of admission.
- I understand that no document after the last date of submission will be entertained for the purpose of claims or concessions etc. in connection with my admission unless otherwise mentioned in the rules.
- I am fully aware that the Competent Authority or its representative will not make any correspondence with me regarding admission. I am also aware that it is entirely my responsibility to see the notices on notice board of concerned Admission Center.
- I am aware that any rule imposed by the University such as ‘ imposing limits on the number of attempts permissible to pass any examination ‘ shall be binding on me.
- I hereby agree to confirm to any Rules, Acts and Loss enforced by Government and I hereby undertake that, I will do nothing either inside or outside the College which may result in disciplinary action against me under these rules, acts and laws referred to.
- I fully understand that the Principal of the College where I would be admitted has a right to expel me from the College for any infringement of the rules of conduct and discipline prescribed by the College or University or Government and the undertaking given above.
- Condition of minimum attendance: I am fully aware that, I will not be allowed to appear for the examination if I do not attend minimum 75 per cent classes of theory, practical, drawing etc. I am also aware that I will not be allowed to appear for the examination, if I fail to submit satisfactorily all the assignments, jobs, journals, drawings, and reports as specified by the University within stipulated time limit.